Thursday, December 20, 2007

The unemployed philosopher's guild


Hmm, I like to think I don't have an addictive personality but that is self-denial really (which is perhaps a good reason why I keep away from mind-bending drugs ha ha). However I am pretty obsessed at the moment about finger puppets, but not just any finger puppets. They have to be from the Unemployed Philosopher's Guild (http://www.philosophersguild.com/index.lasso?page_mode=home) who create little personalities from the worlds of philosophy, literature, politics and religion. I defy anyone not to fall in love with these little puppets! So far I have a collection of 6 - Edgar Allan Poe, Michel Foucault, Marie Curie, Karl Marx, Che Guevara and Freidrich Nietzsche. I like to entertain myself with the idea that if these people could have met in 'real' life what would they have talked about? Probably rubbish like most people...

No comments: